Portfolio Update – AI for The Resistance

Hello.

A few weeks back I added a page for my dissertation project, a research/development paper on AI for the modern board game The Resistance, found here. I finished the last section about a week ago and have no removed the work in progress tags since I don’t think I need to make any major changes.

I’m not completely satisfied with how it turned out; it’s significantly longer than I had intended and skims over a lot of information. The intention was never to provide an alternative to reading the full paper though, only a summary of the work therein for interested parties to skim over. I generally find abstracts for longer papers to a poor job of this.

Lately I’ve been a little preoccupied with the job hunt, but I’ve been quietly toying with a little programming problem and indulging my other creative interests in art and language too. I recently hit my first exciting milestone in the programming project. It’s not much but it’s the culmination of some hours researching a foreign code base to work out the best approach, and I now have a solid understanding of all of the problems that need to be solved as I move forwards.

Updates soon :)

 

Advertisements